Also office-based are diagnostic procedures such as ultrasonography and laboratory tests. Newer non-invasive treatment procedures such as cryoablation, hysteroscopy, and treatment of precancerous cells are all available in our office suite.
We offer exceptional surgical care, using the newest and least invasive surgical techniques to treat a variety of abnormalities that are not amenable to medical treatment. We currently provide surgery at Mary Immaculate Hospital, Mary Immaculate Ambulatory Surgery Center, and Sentara CarePlex Hospital.
Below is a list of common issues and problems that we address.
We offer the following services:
- Routine well-woman annual examinations and Pap tests.
- Complete management of abnormal pap tests including HPV viral screening, colposcopy, and surgical therapies for cervical dysplasia
- Preconceptional counseling and testing
- Contraception counseling, initiation, and continuation. Prescriptions for emergency contraception
- Female sterilization (tubal ligation), inpatient
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Menopause management including counseling, initiation and continuation of hormone therapy
- Breast cancer screening and initial management of breast abnormalities
- Osteoporosis prevention, screening and treatment
- Initial infertility evaluation and treatment
- Complete evaluation and management of a number of gynecologic symptoms including:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine/Endometrial and Cervical Polyps
- Painful menstrual periods
- Pain with intercourse
- Pelvic Pain
- Ovarian Cysts
- Vaginal discharge/irritation
- Vulvar irritation
- Menopausal symptoms including hot flashes, mood disturbance and vaginal changes
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Infrequent Menstrual Cycles
- Excessive hair growth
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Rectal Prolapse
- Bladder Prolapse
- Rectal Prolapse
- Sexual Dysfunction, pain with intercourse
- Decreased Sex Drive
- In-Office Sedation for most procedures
Additionally, we offer in office ultrasound procedures to assist in the diagnosis and management of numerous gynecologic problems with the capability to perform in office saline instillation sonography (sonohysterograms) and new 3-dimensional ultrasound.