Keeping women healthy for generations to come
Keeping women healthy for generations
WARNING SIGNS DURING PREGNANCY
While many are common and routine, knowing the ones that are not common is just as important. Warning signs during pregnancy are the changes in the normal standards that let the pregnant woman know to call her doctor. These warnings should not be ignored.
Some of the most frequent warning signs in pregnancy include:
- Significant weight gain in one week (greater than 2 pounds)
- Severe headaches, especially combined with visual changes
- Decreased fetal movement
- Abdominal pain
- Cramping –A certain amount of cramping in pregnancy is normal, especially in the first twelve weeks. Unless you have bleeding or fluid leakage along with cramping, there is usually no need to be alarmed. If you do start cramping, drink several large glasses of water and lie on your left side. If the cramping does not subside in one hour, call the office.
- Pain and redness in calves
- Shortness of breath at rest
If you experience any of these symptoms, please contact our office or answering service.
We want you to feel comfortable and confident about your health care during your pregnancy. Should you have any questions or concerns not addressed here or are simply worried and need reassurance, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Also, read our post on what to do if you are experiencing back pain during pregnancy.
To Make an Appointment
Phone: (757) 877-0979
Fax: (757) 877-9805
Mon – Thu: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Fri: 8:30am – 1:00pm